Campaigns & Projects
We are working with some amazing organisation that will welcome your donations, be it cash, clothing or food
By giving responsibly you can make a difference in transforming someone’s life. Often your spare change is used to buy alcohol and drugs and does not get used to buy food or a warm bed in a shelter. By giving to an organisation you can be assured that you spare change will make a difference to someone’s life.
The Haven Night Shelter
Contact: 021 461 7830
Have programs for adults including food, clothing and shelter
St Anne’s Homes
Contact: 021 448 6792
Is a place of safety for abused women and children
Contact 021 843 3927
Runs a program of employment and shelter for adults
Saartjie Baartman Centre
Contact: 021 633 5287
A place of safety for abused women and children.
Sea Point CID Give Responsibly Campaign
Support the Sea Point CID’s Give Responsibly Campaign by contributing to our campaigns. CLICK HERE
Safety First Campaign
- Use ATMs in well lit and safe areas.
- Don’t allow your card to be removed from your sight.
- Don’t accept help from strangers or give out your pin, not even to persons claiming to be bank officials.
- Watch out for people standing very close to you and looking over your shoulder as you type in your pin.
- Never leave your card in the ATM, if stuck, follow instructions provided on the ATM machine.
- When cancelling an ATM card if it has been stuck please use the numbers on the wall in and around the ATM to cancel the card.
- Make sure you are not followed after a transaction – After transaction has been completed please remove printed slip as this will give information on the balance in the account.
- Patrons to please keep all valuables close at hand, never let any of your belongings out of your sight.
- If any people are acting suspiciously in the restaurant, please report this to the manager and express your concern.
- When paying for your bill please ask the waitron to bring the swipe machine to your table to complete the transaction, keep all bank cards in sight at all times.
- When going to use the bathroom please take all valuables with you.
- Do not leave handbags under tables, on the back of chairs or on restroom hooks.
- Do not leave cell phones or wallets on restaurant tables
- We encourage businesses to be proactive and implement sound measures to prevent security related issues.
- Ensure Alarms and PanicButtons are in good working order.
- Contingency plans are in plays.
- Never allow strangers into your house – always confirm their legitimacy
- Invest and utilize a good overall security system
- Adequate lighting around the perimeter of your house acts as a good deterrent
- Trim shrubs around windows and entrances so they cannot conceal intruders
- When you leave you home at night, leave interior lights one, as well as your television or radio, so that your house looks occupied
- If living in a complex don’t open entrance/foyer doors to strangers and prevent tailgating
- Never disclose that you are home alone
- Always be alert to vehicles or persons following you into your entrance or the garage
- Educate everyone regarding these safety precautions
- Don’t leave firearms unattended
- Keep a list of emergency numbers next to the telephone
- A list of emergency numbers can be found on our website here
LPR Camera Project
The Licence Plate Recognition (LPR) Camera Project has shown that technology can make a difference. We have grown our base and infrastructure to support our operational and security staff. The successes achieved to date are evidence as to the importance of this Key Project of the Sea Point City Improvement District.
- Minor Incidents Reduced 85% 85%
- Remote Jamming Prrevented 95% 95%
- Agencies Assisted With Prosecution 100% 100%
- Successful Cases Resolved 100% 100%
A Safer City
Our LPR Camera Network
- Burglar crews identified via LPR and some arrested on re-entering the area.
- Positively identifying the vehicles involved in a muggings and some promptly arrested on re-entering the area
- Chasing hijackers out the area on several occasions
- Bag snatcher crews arrested.
- Positively identifying the suspects involved in a bank following and subsequent armed robbery
Support the LPR Project
- Please Donate
Bank: First National Bank
Account Holder: Sea Point City Improvement District
Account Number: 62501134803
Branch Code: 201809 (Sea Point)
To obtain an invoice please send POP to: firstname.lastname@example.org
THANK YOU TO ALL OUR LOYAL SPONSORS AND SUPPORTERS
2 Kloof Road, Sea Point, 8005
021 434 1234 Control Room
072 042 8626 WhatsApp
10111 SA Police Services (SAPS)
021 430 3700 Sea Point Police
0860 765 423 Law Enforcement
Heather Tager (COO) email@example.com
Wayne Ripepi (Precinct Manager) firstname.lastname@example.org
Pedro Bosch (Field Officer) email@example.com
Advertising / Support firstname.lastname@example.org