Maintaining Law & Order
Safety & Security forms the cornerstone of the Sea Point CID’s service delivery mandate.We woke reasonably late following the feast and free flowing wine the night before. After gathering ourselves and our packs, we headed down to our homestay family’s small dining room for breakfast.
Working in conjunction with the South African Police Service (SAPS) we maintain law and order for all that pass through the area.
The team suitably trained and qualified public safety officers, employed and managed via our service provider, Securus Security Services. These officers patrol our area, be it on foot, in vehicles or using the latest CCTV technology to monitor and protect the Sea Point CID area. Our operations are ongoing on a 24 / 7 basis and help is always a call away.
In addition to the above, we also employ Law Enforcement Officers, who has powers to attend to moving violations.
We bolster our services, by working with the Community Police Forum and other Improvement Districts in our surrounding areas.
To improve our exposure, we recently undertook a rebranding exercise with new branding on our vehicles, uniforms and bibs.
Our successes in reducing crime is testimony to the excellent work done by our dedicated teams. Our appeal to all is to be alert, report any suspicious behaviour and together we can make a difference.
- Prevent opportunities for crime
- Maintain order
- Provide a fleet of high visible mobile patrol vehicles that patrol the area
- Provide visible foot patrols
- Provide security awareness campaigns
- Better integration between all the law enforcement agencies
- Recruit and maintain high quality security personnel with ongoing training
- Attend SAPS meetings
- Co-ordinate crime prevention initiatives
- Ensure effective enforcement of by-laws
- Initiate and sustain targeted crime prevention programmes in partnership with other players
- Ensure effective traffic law enforcement